Head of Finance and Resources
Merton Voluntary Service Council’s mission is to support, enable and champion the voluntary, community and faith sectors in Merton. Delivering capacity building, training, financial management and assistance with good governance, we help the third sector recruit volunteers, win hearts and minds, and above all make things happen to transform the lives of the borough’s 211,000 people.
We are currently seeking a Head of Finance and Resources to join our team. The purpose of the role is:
- Provision of strategic advice to the CEO on all matters of Finance, IT, Performance Management policy and strategy
- Preparation of the Annual Budget with the CEO and the Treasurer
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts, forecasts and cashflows
- Preparation of Final Accounts and Financial Statements and liaison with the External Auditor, ensuring compliance with all statutory reporting requirements
- Review and development of financial, investment and risk management policies
- Ensuring the efficient provision of MVSC’s computer-based accounting systems and security of prime documents
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to manage timely reporting against contract and grant funding requirements
- Management of MVSC’s Human Resources function, liaising with our contracted external adviser
- Management of MVSC process and systems and how they support general office functions and robust management of grants and contracts
- Development of a practical and effective MVSC performance measurement regime
- With the Head of Development and Volunteering, advising Borough voluntary organisations on best financial practice and procedure.