There will be guaranteed changes from 1 January for businesses as we start our new relationship with the EU, and there are many actions you can take today to prepare. Find out what you need to do by visiting gov.uk/transition and using the checker tool.
I know these are challenging times, however it is vital that your business prepares now for our new relationship with the EU, outside of the single market and customs union.
There are 80 days until the end of the transition period and there will be no extension, so you need to act now.
Regardless of whether we reach a trade agreement with the EU, from 1 January there will be guaranteed changes to:
- the way businesses import and export goods;
- the process for hiring people from the EU; and
- the way businesses provide services in EU markets.
Help is available, and as Business Secretary, I encourage you to:
- Check what actions you need to take by visiting uk/transition.
- Sign-up for updates.
- Attend government webinars for additional support, you can sign up to attend BEIS webinars now.
Unless you take action, there is a risk business operations will be interrupted. You should also check with your suppliers and customers that they are taking action.
Businesses will play an essential role in ensuring a smooth end to the transition period, and the government and I will be there to support you as we embark on the UK’s new start.
Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy