We have created a series of free creative maths activities for families to do together this summer – Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates!
What is Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates?
Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates is a 7-week programme each with a different theme exploring a range of mathematical ideas. Aimed at 4-12year olds, it can be used by families at home or by play leaders with children at holiday clubs or summer schemes.
Join Time Turtle, Decimal Dog and their Maths Mates crew as they voyage through a sea of fun and creative maths activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Beginning on Saturday 18th July and running until the end of August, each week Summer Saturdays will introduce you to a new hands-on activity. There’ll be craft, construction, puzzles, maps and games and you can do them in any order. You’ll need to head outdoors for some but we haven’t forgotten a few for those rainy days!
Supporting families this summer
Since the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent school closures, we have increased our online content to help families with their home learning. As we are still not able to run our face-to-face sessions, our Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates programme means we can continue to support families with their children’s maths learning, in a creative way.
Our website has lots of free family maths resources and activities including:
- A wide range of creative, crafty maths activities to download
- Maths on Toast Bites, a series of short ‘How to’ creative maths films – presented by children for children, with accompanying activity sheets
- A blog with ideas and tips about how to enjoy creative maths together, for example Five Golden Rules for Enjoying Maths, a guide to supporting children to explore and enjoy our activities.
Help spread the word
You can help us spread the word about Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates by sharing with your community networks and:
- Sharing the link to the Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates page of our website on your social media channels
- Including a link to the Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates page of our website in your newsletter
Summer Saturdays with the Maths Mates www.mathsontoast.org.uk/summersaturdays/
Five Golden Rules for Enjoying Maths www.mathsontoast.org.uk/5-golden-rules-for-enjoying-maths-at-home/
Maths on Toast newsletter – sign up via our website https://www.mathsontoast.org.uk/blog/newsletters/