A new case of dementia arises somewhere in the world every four seconds.
Dementia not only affects the individual themselves, but can also devastate their family, friends and entire lifestyle.
Whether you are looking to start or develop a career in the care industry, or you simply want to know more about dementia for personal reasons, this course is the perfect place to start, as it explores crucial elements of the different types of dementia. The knowledge you will gain from this course could help you care for a friend or relative with dementia and enhance your understanding of their needs and behaviour.
Who is suitable?
This course is suitable for those working in the care profession, or anyone looking into a career in this field of work. This qualification is also suitable for home carers or anyone who has an interest in learning more about dementia.
This course is split into seven manageable units:
- Dementia awareness
- Person-centered approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed
Click here to register interest in this free course.