This training session is to provide staff with the knowledge and understanding of the Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) Model that the DAWS service are using to build and empower local residents and organisations within Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham, and Kensington & Chelsea.
By the end of the Day participants will leave:
– Understanding the concept of ABCD and its roots in Strengths Based Practice.
– More aware of the benefits of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing for you & others.
– Having explored the difference between ‘Needs Based’ & ‘Asset Based’ approaches.
– Reflecting over what Recovery Capital is all about & it’s importance in ABCD.
– Looking over & practicing using some of the Node-Link Mapping Tools.
– Confident in knowing what a Strength Based Approach is.
– Exploring the Basic Motivational Interviewing techniques.
– Understanding & developing your Socratic Questioning skills.
– Having looked over the Big Ideas & Innovations application forms.
THIS TRAINING IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES WORKING IN THE FOLLOWING LONDON BOROUGHS: CITY OF WESTMINSTER, HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KENSINGTON & CHELSEA.
Click here to see more details and book your ticket.