This is an opportunity to join the board of trustees of a leading local charity. The purpose is to help HF Mencap continue to provide the highest standards of professional, specialist support and care for the people who use our services and to help set a clear, ambitious direction for the charity’s future. The trustees have overall responsibility for ensuring the charity is well-run and meets legal requirements, charitable objectives and those of good governance.
- Approximately 6 board meetings a year
- Occasional participation on internal panels
- Occasional external meetings and events
- Additional hours as agreed on specific area of expertise/interest
To empower children and adults with learning disabilities and autism to get their voice heard, reach their potential and be included in their local community.
We seek to promote the wellbeing and development of children and adults with learning disabilities and autism in all areas of their lives as well as supporting their families and carers.
To provide support to access opportunities that ensure
children and adults with learning disabilities and autism are:
- Accepted and included in the community.
- Have their views and needs listened to by decision makers.
- Supported to live as independently as possible, through the freedom of choice and control.
- Supported to campaign and stand up or their rights.
- Provided with the opportunities to continue to learn, develop and live their lives to the full.
- Have their dreams met e.g. Make friends, form relationships, get a job, live in their own home.
For further information please visit our website or contact Rebecca Bone – Business Development and Operations Executive