The POPS Forum coordinated by Sobus brings together a diverse range of voluntary and community sector organisations delivering services to older people in Hammersmith & Fulham.
It’s aims include:
- developing a shared understanding of older people’s issues and influence and influence and shape local strategy and policy.
- To work together to increase provider’s capacity and effectiveness in responding to the needs of older people
The POPS forum currently has a membership of over 30 voluntary sector organisations. In addition, representatives of the H&F GP Federation, H&F Clinical Commissioning Group, H&F Integrated Care Partnership representatives and Senior managers of LBH&F Adult Social Care and the H&F Older Peoples Commission attend on a regular basis.
Issues addressed at the forum over the past year have included Adult Safeguarding, Technology and older people, Commissioning and engagement with LBH&F Adult Social Care.
Some key successes:
- Frequent Attenders Project at Charing Cross A&E department. This was a joint collaboration project involving Imperial, H&F CCG, H&F Mind and POPS Forum. It has involved a worker using a social prescription model based at the hospital working with a cohort of frequent attenders at A&E. Many of these attenders required other than A&E support. The work to date has resulted in 60% drop in attendance by this cohort at A&E at Charing Cross.
- Engagement and communication with LBH&F Adult Social Care and other departments has improved. Senior officers from key departments attend forum meetings on a regular basis. This includes the cabinet member for Health & Adult Social Care
- Engagement with H&F Integrated Care Partnership. POPS Forum members are engaging with the H&F Integrated Care Partnership which includes H&F GP Federation, Imperial College, Chelsea & Westminster Foundation, Central London Community Health Trust, H&F CCG, West London Mental Health Trust and Sobus. POPS forum representatives sit on the Older Adult Workstream of the ICP.
If your organisation works with Older People in Hammersmith & Fulham and you are interested in attending POPS Forum meetings or want to find more about the Forum please contact Shad Haibatan: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Click Here to go direct to the Sobus POPS page