Did you know that next Friday (14th December) is Local Charities Day? Each year Local Charities Day shines a spotlight on the incredible work local charities do to build healthy and happy communities in our country. Read on to find out how to get involved and what the FSI and partners are offering on the day.
- Fundraising From Trusts & Foundations
- Developing Your Fundraising Strategy
- Developing Your Case For Support
- Stewardship – Retaining & Maintaining Donors
- Annual Appeals & Regular Giving
- Developing Corporate Relationships
- Demonstrating Your Impact
- Legacy Fundraising
- Community & Events Fundraising
- Supporting & Managing Volunteers
Click Here to book now on the FSI website
We will also be live on Facebook at 10 AM on the 12th December for the Developing Your Fundraising Strategy webinar, and again at 10 AM on Local Charities Day (14th December) for Community & Events Fundraising. Follow our Facebook page to be notified when we go live!
Home Office webinar
We are also hosting a special guest webinar from the Home Office: EU Settlement: Communications and Support. Find out more about the new EUSS grant scheme and whether it’s relevant to your charity.
NCVO will be making some of their member content free for the day, including resources on:
You can also access their open content on Funding and Managing Volunteers. Don’t forget that subscription to Funding Central is free for organisations under £100k turnover and NCVO membership is free to FSI members under £50k turnover using the promo code NCVOFSI.
What is Local Charities Day 2018?
This year’s Local Charities Day will take place on the 14th December – you can find out more from this blog by the new Minister for Sport and Civil Society Mims Davies.
Each year Local Charities Day shines a spotlight on the incredible work local charities do to build healthy and happy communities in our country. They need the support of local people and businesses in order to flourish.
They’ll be adding lots of ways for you to get involved to the Local Charities Day website in the coming days, so do check back and ensure you’re following them on social media for the latest updates (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
Other ways you can show your support:
- Download the Local Charities Day toolkit, with materials to help promote the day on your channels
- Add the #LocalCharitiesDay Twibbon to your social media profile pics
- Promote the Local Charities Day Map and encourage local charities you know to add their details so people can find great charities in their areas
- Let them know your plans for Local Charities Day 2018 – email them at LocalCharitiesDay@culture.gov.uk
- Share pictures and stories of what you’re up to – #LocalCharitiesDay
- Email them one brief sentence alongside an image of your charity and they will create a I’m supporting Local Charities Day graphic for you to share
- Want to write a short blog post about your work and why you’re supporting Local Charities Day? Email them at LocalCharitiesDay@culture.gov.uk
Share the link to our free Local Charities Day webinars