From Mims Davies (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport and Civil Society)
‘It is my first Local Charities Day as Minister for Sport and Civil Society and I could not be more excited about building on the success of the last two years, where people, communities and organisations from across the UK have shown tremendous support for their local charities by getting so involved.
I urge everyone to follow our social media accounts (via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) for more information and updates about the day. We want as many local charities and the people that support them to get as involved as possible, with each and every organisation celebrating their work and why they’re supporting the day alongside the #LocalCharitiesDay hashtag.
However you are involved, I am looking forward to celebrating Local Charities Day with you in December.”
- Use our interactive map to find local charities near you. Run a local charity? Add your details to our map and show your support for the day
- #PledgeYourTime to a local charity
- Nominate a Local Charities Champion
- Add the #LocalCharitiesDay Twibbon to your social media channels
- Download our digital toolkit and help spread the word about Local Charities Day