Action on Disability are running free training for people who employ their own personal assistants (PAs).
The training will run monthly from: July 2016 until February 2017 at St Paul’s Centre in Hammersmith.
We’re also running training for your PAs.
This will be in the same venue and at the same time.
The trainers are: Kelly Munn and Peter Gay, now working together as the Personalisation Partnership.
When: 12.00 midday to 4.00 pm on each day
2016 July 19th, August 16th, September 22nd,
October 18th, November 15th, December 15th
2017 January 17th, February 21st
Where: St Paul’s Centre, Queen Caroline Street,
Hammersmith, London, W6 9PJ
Free lunch and refreshments will be provided at every session
You just need to:
- Employ Your Own Personal Assistants (PA’s)
- Live in Hammersmith and Fulham
Training for you as employers includes:
- The responsibilities of being an employer
- Safer recruitment
- Communication and managing your PA
- Getting the best deal for payroll, insurance and from care agencies
Training for your PAs includes:
- The PA role & Independent Living
- Moving and transferring
- First Aid
- Insurance and pensions
- Career development
‘Out of Pocket Expenses’
We can pay you back for any reasonable expenses you have attending – please contact us about this.