Join us for Healthier Homes training:
helping local people live more comfortably and safely at home
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham invite you to attend a free training session as part of their Healthier Homes project.
Imagine living in a home which you can’t keep warm and struggling with damp and mould on your walls. Imagine risking a fall each time you use the stairs because there’s no handrail, or a shock each time you use the lights because the wiring is so old. Imagine not having enough to eat, or not being able to eat a balanced diet, because you don’t have access to or money for good quality food.
Too many people living in our Boroughs face these problems every day, putting their health and wellbeing at risk. Healthier Homes training is designed to help.
Healthier Homes training is available free of charge in the Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham. The training is designed for frontline workers, volunteers and others who work with vulnerable local residents.
Training sessions will be held on:
– Tuesday 15 September (2pm – 4pm) – Kensington Town Hall
– Wednesday 23 September (2pm – 4pm) – Hammersmith Town Hall
– Wednesday 7 October (10am – 12pm) – Kensington Town Hall
– Wednesday 14 October (10am – 12pm) – Hammersmith Town Hall
Book your place now at http://healthierhomes.eventbrite.com.
We can also offer dedicated training sessions for frontline teams; please email: email@example.com to find out more.
By attending the training you will:
– Gain a better understanding of the health and wellbeing risks we find in people’s home, particularly related to cold and damp, home safety and poor nutrition
– Learn about ways to identify local residents who may be struggling at home
– Find out about solutions and support that are available for local residents and how to make referrals into local support services
– Help local people live more comfortably and safely in their homes, reducing their need for hospital and GP services
The training will be interactive and informative, giving you the chance to ask plenty of questions and practice your skills.
Bookings can be made online at http://healthierhomes.eventbrite.com or by calling 020 8469 1333.