Did you know that each year around 15–20% of people in the UK get infected with the flu virus?
Many people believe that flu is only a bad cold; however, it is associated with significant morbidity and in more unfortunate cases can lead to more serious illnesses, such as bronchitis and pneumonia. It can result in hospitalisation or even death in some cases. In the UK the number of flu-related deaths has reached more than 20,000 in an epidemic year. Flu spreads easily, as the virus can survive in the air or on surfaces such as door handles and telephones for several hours.
To protect yourself get your flu jab today to reduce your chances of catching the flu significantly. By vaccinating yourself, not only are you protecting yourself but also others around you, in whom flu could be harmful.
Free NHS flu jab is offered to:
- those 65 years old and over (including those becoming 65 by 31st of March 2017)
- Individuals in clinical risk groups: weakened immune system, asthma, diabetes or heart, chest, liver or kidney problems
- household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- pregnant women
- carers (whether you receive carer’s allowance or not)
- people living in long-stay residential care homes
- front line healthcare workers
- morbidly obese (defined as BMI 40+)
If you’re not eligible for the free NHS flu vaccine, we can still offer you the premium service for only £10.
Act today call us on 020 8740 9443 to protect yourself and others around you!
The Caregrange team