About Small Charity Week
Small Charity Week is a campaign which was first established by the Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI) in 2010 to celebrate and raise the profile of the small charity sector.
The week is organised as a series of activities and initiatives to support and raise awareness of the hundreds and thousands of small charities that, every day, make a huge difference to vulnerable communities right across the UK and the rest of the world.
The objectives of Small Charity Week are to:
- Celebrate the contribution that small charities make to communities throughout the UK and across the world
- Improve the knowledge, representation and sustainability of small charities
- Highlight the work of the small charity sector to the broadest possible audience
- Encourage public giving
- Work with the small charity sector to develop political engagement at a national and local level
Click here to see details about the theme for each day of Small Charity Week
In the meantime, there are already a few ways to get involved:
- Win an award to showcase the fantastic impact your charity has – applications are now open for the Small Charity Big Impact Awards. Enter now and be in with the chance of winning a 5 minute video all about your charity, as well as an invitation to the exclusive prize ceremony! Check out some examples of 2018 winner videos to see what you could win.
- Share your fundraising expertise with small charities – applications are open to speak at our Fundraising Conference until 6th February.
- Got a specialism or expertise in a charity subject? Submit an expression of interest to become an advisor for Big Advice Day. Small charities looking to receive advice? Sign-ups will be released soon!
- Ask your local CVS or local authority to get involved and bring the Week around the country – send them a link to smallcharityweek.com and ask them to get in touch about becoming a partner.
- Grab your Press Pack and Social Media Support Pack for ideas on how to spread the word about the week.
- Register your Small Charity Week events on our website so we can help promote them.
- Get other charities involved by following and sharing on Facebook and Twitter!