We’re delighted to invite you to attend a free training session as part of their Healthier Homes project.
Healthier Homes training is available free of charge in the Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham. The training is designed for frontline workers, volunteers and others who work with vulnerable local residents.
Training sessions will be held at Hammersmith Town Hall on:
– Friday 8 January, 2pm – 4pm
– Wednesday 20 January, 10am – 12pm
Book your place now at http://healthierhomes.eventbrite.com.
Imagine living in a home which always feels cold and where you struggle with damp and mould on your walls. Imagine risking a fall each time you use the stairs because there’s no handrail, or a shock each time you use the lights because the wiring is so old. Imagine not having enough to eat, or not being able to eat a balanced diet, because you don’t have access to or money for good quality food.
Too many people living in our Boroughs face these problems every day, putting their health and wellbeing at risk. Healthier Homes training is designed to help. This winter, we have already trained almost 150 people and we hope you’ll join our movement.
By attending the training you will:
– Gain a better understanding of the health and wellbeing risks we find in people’s home, particularly related to cold and damp, home safety and poor nutrition
– Learn about ways to identify local residents who may be struggling at home
– Find out about solutions and support that are available for local residents and how to make referrals into local support services
– Help local people live more comfortably and safely in their homes, reducing their need for hospital and GP services
The training will be interactive and informative, giving you the chance to ask plenty of questions and practice your skills.
Bookings can be made online at http://healthierhomes.eventbrite.com or by calling 020 8469 1333.