TACKLING CHILD POVERTY AT A TIME OF AUSTERITY
With £15bn of cuts to the welfare budget between 2010 and 2015 and further cuts to come in the next Spending Review, this is the time to discuss the link between child poverty and austerity.
Austerity has provided policy makers and service providers in the statutory and voluntary and community sector with some challenges and opportunities in tackling issues of child poverty in London.
CHILD POVERTY AND AUSTERITY is a capacity building seminar by 4in10 to explore the impact of austerity on issues of child poverty in the capital. The workshop will bring together speakers from think tanks, frontline service delivery and policy making to share insights into austerity and child poverty.
When: Thursday 17th September 2015
12.30pm – 4.00pm
Where: Conference Room, The Foundry,
17 Oval Way, London SE11 5RR
What: Please see overleaf for further details
CHILD POVERTY AND AUSTERITY is the first in 4in10’s Capacity Building Workshops. The workshop will bring together members of the 4in10 network with academics, policy makers and service delivery staff from both the voluntary and statutory sector across London.
The workshop will be an opportunity to:
– Hear up-to-date research on living standards, deprivation and child poverty in 2015
– Discuss the impact of welfare reform on child poverty in London
– Hear how the voluntary sector and local authorities have developed creative and empowering ways of tackling austerity and child poverty
We want to explore
– Why child poverty in London is higher than in other parts of the UK
– What are the London specific challenges and opportunities regarding tackling austerity and child poverty?
– What are key policy asks in London to tackle child poverty in the context of the spending cuts?
To register: please visit http://4in10workshop1.eventbrite.co.uk/
or contact Ade Sofola at: email@example.com
The registration deadline is Monday the 14th of September 2015 and places will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
4in10 is a network of organisations working to end child poverty in London, based at Children England and funded by City Bridge Trust and Trust for London. www.4in10.org.uk.