This is a level 3 qualification in ESOL and Literacy. It will give you the practical skills to improve your lesson delivery and therefore enjoy greater progress from your learners. The course has a functional rather than academic focus, with the overall aim being to support you to help those in your community. In addition, you can
- Develop your confidence as a teacher
- Learn creative ways to create, adapt and use materials for different learner levels
- Learn strategies to support learner’s literacy skills – reading and writing
- Increase your toolkit of supporting learners speaking and listening skills
- Improve your linguistic awareness of the English Language grammar and phonology
Opportunities for Progression
Completing this course will support your development as an English Language teacher. Other students have used this course for the following reasons:
- As part of their continued professional development (CPD) for voluntary or paid teaching roles
- To improve their own English language skills
- As a refresher course
- To support their students to prepare for the national ESOL Skills for Life exams in Reading, Writing, and Listening and Speaking
- As a precursor to further teacher training qualifications including: Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training / Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training /Cambridge (CELTA) or Trinity (CertTESOL)
Who can sign up? If you are currently involved in teaching English, whether teacher or volunteer, or are interested in teacher training, we would love to hear from you! An informal assessment of your suitability and eligibility (identity, address and income) for the course will be taken via our online application process.
If you are interested in our programme or have any questions, please call 07563 027329, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view Level 3 ESOL & Literacy Teacher Training Course.docx, sign in or create an account.