With another national lockdown coming into force across England on 5th November, businesses and self-employed people will be impacted by additional restrictions and closures. These include:
- All non-essential retail venues must close. However, businesses can offer delivery or click-and-collect of goods so you may want to look into this to retain some revenue.
- Hospitality, leisure and entertainment venues must close. This includes gyms, cinemas, and museums.
- Hospitality businesses such as pubs or restaurants can offer delivery or takeaway services only.
- Hotels and hostels can only open to those who have to travel for essential work.
- If you are a business owner, you should encourage your employees to work from home where possible. Those who can’t work from home, such as in construction or manufacturing, can continue to do so in a Covid-secure way.