Young H&F would like to present our latest report carried out by Imperial College Global Health students, Raymond, Aditi and Shahini on their Community Group Placement at Young H&F. The report is an ‘Analysis of community provision to support the mental health of young people of the African Diaspora aged 0-25 years in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham‘.
Key recommendations are:
- More extensive map of services in the borough.
- Greater education on how to have a positive mental health in youth clubs, community groups and education settings.
- Taking a multi-sectoral approach when tackling mental health in H&F.
- Better diversity and training of staff to support young people from the African Diaspora.
- An Update of the Young Adults Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
You can view the report on our website here.