These seminars will be taking place at the newly refurbished 7 Bedford Row events space. These events are FREE of charge, however places are limited.
Planning a major property transaction
Tuesday 25 February 2020
For many charities a major property transaction is a once in a decade or once in a generation event. It’s important that the process is properly understood by senior management and trustees, appropriate advice is taken, and the constraints imposed by charity law are understood.
Our charity property law solicitors together with guest speaker, Mike Greensmith, a specialist charity property surveyor, will introduce the issues that need to be thought about in a substantial property deal using the following case studies:
- head office relocation
- selling a property with development potential
- purchasing a property for letting to a partner organisation
Data sharing: a survival guide
Tuesday 10 March 2020
Charities collect a wide variety of data about supporters, service users, beneficiaries, staff, and volunteers. Understanding what data your charity can voluntarily share, what you’re required by law to share, and what you shouldn’t share, can be tricky, but getting it wrong could have serious financial and reputational implications.
- Our expert solicitors will present three interactive case studies focusing on data sharing requests that charities commonly encounter:
- a Subject Access Request from a former employee – what needs to be disclosed and what is exempt?
- a public sector funder asking for information to enable them to comply with a Freedom of Information request – how much should you share?
- a third-party agency asking for information about a service user – balancing the need to cooperate with an individual’s right to privacy
To book either event click here