One in eight people aged 5 to 19 now have a diagnosable mental health condition, such as an anxiety disorder, depression or a conduct disorder. This equates to three in every classroom!
Our free online course aims to increase your knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
You will explore the factors that make an individual more vulnerable to developing mental ill health as well as the factors that can protect their well-being.
Perhaps most importantly, you will look at how the care, compassion and vigilance of others can support children and young people to bounce back from setbacks and successfully deal with the challenges they may face during their childhood and teenage years.
What you will learn
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context.
- Understand Factors which may affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health.
- Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns.
- Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns.
- Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector.
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study.
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Click here to sign in for this FREE course.