Worried about Radicalisation? Attend a Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent
Worried about Radicalisation? Attend a Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP)
What is WRAP?
The Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP) is a free, 90-minute workshop designed to improve awareness
of the Prevent strategy: the strand of the government’s national Counter-Terrorism Strategy which seeks to offer safeguarding support to vulnerable individuals at risk of radicalisation. Training sessions explore topics such as radicalisation and vulnerability, how some people are able to influence others, a discussion around how to spot the signs that someone might need some form of safeguarding help and support, how to safely refer an individual for specialised support and the forms of support that can be provided once this has occurred.
We encourage and welcome all individuals who work or volunteer in a frontline role to attend one of our WRAP training sessions. It is also worth noting that the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act, passed by Parliament in February 2015, places a statutory requirement on the Council (and organisations commissioned by the Council) to
“have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.” For organisations commissioned by the Council, ensuring that frontline staff attend an accredited WRAP training session is necessary to ensure that they are compliant with this requirement.
Individuals can either attend one of our regularly booked training sessions (dates provided below) or, for teams
counting 15 or more members of staff, the Bi-Borough Prevent team can also run bespoke sessions on your place of
work in order to minimise any disruption to your activities.
To register for a session or to schedule a bespoke training session please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates of upcoming WRAP training sessions with vacancies remaining are as follows:
· 15th November 2016 (13.30 – 15:00), Hammersmith Town Hall
· 30th November 2016 (10:30 – 12:00), Kensington Town Hall
· 9th December 2016 (10:30 – 12:00), Hammersmith Town Hall
· 9th January 2017 (13:00 – 14:30), Hammersmith Town Hall
· 18th January 2017 (14:30 – 16:00), Kensington Town Hall
· 8th February 2017 (10:30 – 12:00), Hammersmith Town Hall
· 23rd February 2017 (10.30 – 12.00), Kensington Town Hall
· 8th March 2017 (10:30 – 12:00), Hammersmith Town Hall
· 21st March 2017 (10.30 – 12:00), Kensington Town Hall
· 4th April 2017 (13:00 – 14:30), Hammersmith Town Hall