In partnership with Hammersmith and Fulham Council, Opening Doors London – the charity for older lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans+ people in London (originally part of Age UK Camden) – is delivering a free workshop on the morning of Monday 23rd April to bring council staff and local health, housing and social care workers together with the voluntary sector to agree ways to improve services to better meet the health and social care needs of older LGBT+ people in the borough.
The workshop will enable your staff and volunteers to:
- Better understand the health and social care needs of older LGBT+ people
- Get the latest research into LGBT+ demographics, lifestyle and relationships
- Identify ways to improve services for older LGBT+ people in H&F
- Discuss barriers to effective working and how to accelerate change
- Take away resources, video-links and practice-guides to share with colleagues
We would be very grateful if you could please circulate the attached flyer to relevant staff and volunteers that you work with who may be interested in this free event. Click Here for the Eventbrite links to sign up which can also be found in the attached flyer but please do drop me a line or give me a ring if you encounter any difficulties with this or need any further information.
Click Here for the Event Flyer