Our autism awareness free online course aims to develop your understanding of the diverse condition of autism and gives practical suggestions when working with autistic individuals.
Autism refers to a whole range of social, language and communication problems. Severity ranges from mild and often undiagnosed to severe, where it is almost impossible for people to successfully engage in society.
The aim of this free course is to provide a better awareness of the term ‘autism’ and autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and how to support individuals with autism.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of theories relating to autism.
- Further your personal and professional development
- Ensure your understanding of what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
What you will learn
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person centered approach to support individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behavior in individuals with autism.
Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives.