As part of that commitment, the council commissioned Sobus to deliver the co-production of a Youth Partnership for Hammersmith and Fulham. A partnership was established with participation from over 50 people from over 30 different organisations which, engaged young people and providers. The purpose was to develop a shared vision and service model for young people’s services in Hammersmith and Fulham. Establishing ways of working in partnership to deliver this vision and ensure sustainability for the future.
The vision of what we want to achieve is that:
Young people in Hammersmith and Fulham will be in a place where they have a say on how they become the healthiest, happiest, safest, most successful and resilient young adults in the country.
Based on the work of the partnership, research and mapping recommendations have been formulated that include the Youth Partnership being developed and empowered so that it can be sustainable and deliver its vision. The full report will be available here shortly.
Leaders of the Voluntary and Community Sector Forum.
The network exists to provide peer support and enable members to:
- Hear the latest on local policy developments, particularly those relating to LBHF and H&F CCG.
- Facilitate relationships between VCS directors and key people at a local and regional level including LBHF, H&F CCG, developers, Funders etc.
- Share information and learn what is going on in other organisations.
- Develop partnership working and funding opportunities with other organisations. The network also provides Sobus with views from the local level that it can use to lobby on behalf of the sector and feed into its programme development.
All our forums are funded by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
Supplementary Schools Network (Hammersmith & Fulham)
The Network works with the diversity of supplementary schools serving communities in Hammersmith & Fulham to support their professional development, quality of provision and accessing resources including funding.
Supplementary schools are usually run up by community led organisations to complement mainstream education to meet the needs of children from less advantaged backgrounds.
The network has over 20 members and holds regular meetings to support the aims of the group.
Activities run by the network include regular network meetings, training, funding advice and support. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you run a Supplementary School in Hammersmith & Fulham and are interested in becoming a member please see the membership criteria here
If you wish to join the network please complete the membership form
POPS (Providers of Older People’s Services) Forum
The POPS forum has a membership older people services within the voluntary and community sector in the borough Hammersmith & Fulham.
The purpose of the forum is to:
- Develop a shared understanding of older people issues and use this to influence and shape local strategy and policy on older people issues
- Work together to increase Providers’ capacity and effectiveness in responding to the needs of older people
- Raise awareness and the profile of older people issues across the Borough
The Forum holds regular meetings to progress these priorities
Organise additional workshops and briefing sessions as and when needed and depending on the issue being addressed
For more details please contact Shad Haibatan