Small Theatres in London can apply for grants of up to £5,000 to address urgent building repairs, improve operational viability, introduce environmental improvements and enhance physical accessibility. Applications can be made by small independent, commercial, subsidised and amateur theatres, and open-air venues.
To be eligible the applicant:
- Must own or manage theatres with titles or signed leases of more than 5 years on buildings in London that are under 300-seats in Zones 1 and 2 and under 500-seats in outer London;
- Demonstrate that they run a regular theatre programme of professional, community and/or amateur work presenting no less than 30 performances a year.
- Have a bona fide UK charitable or not-for-profit legal structure and be able to provide certified or audited accounts for at least two years.
The closing date for applications is noon on the 15th October 2018.
Previous Theatres supported include:
- Battersea Arts Centre, Wandsworth which received a £5,000 grant to replace their temporary wheelchair ramp leading to the café bar and first floor performance space,
- Bush Theatre, Hammersmith and Fulham which received a grant of £5,000 to repair their pitched roofs and dormer windows to maintain the condition of the locally listed theatre’s façade.