Tell us your views on our proposals – we want to hear from anyone with an interest.
Today, we publish our plans to evolve regulation of independent healthcare services in England.
The proposals in this consultation document represent the evolution of our approach, rather than introducing new methods. It builds on our knowledge of independent healthcare services and our specialist expertise. It will enable a more targeted, responsive and collaborative approach, in line with our strategy.
CQC has been given the power to award ratings to some of these services for the first time. This is important for people who use services, as it will provide more transparency about the quality and safety of services provided by the independent healthcare sector.
Independent healthcare services include:
- Community health services
- Diagnostic imaging, dialysis services, and refractive eye surgery, termination of pregnancy services (laser eye surgery)
- Acute hospitals
- Doctors and clinics
- Mental health care
- Substance misuse services
- Online/digital services
We believe that we should take a consistent approach and regulate all services as far as possible in the same way, irrespective of the type of organisation they are or how they are funded.
We would like your views on our proposals to:
- Rate independent healthcare services using our new powers.
- Evolve our approach to regulating independent healthcare over time to be more focused, targeted and intelligence driven in line with our strategy.
Click here for further information and how to respond
If you have any questions about this consultation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org