Localgiving has teamed up with Postcode Community Trust to provide small grants of either £250 or £500 to small charities and community groups. Groups are able to apply for funding from today until 31st October 2017.
Our aim is to make accessing grant funding easier for small charities and community groups. The grant application should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete and only a small amount of monitoring is required.
To be eligible for funding groups must:
- Have an annual income under £50,000. Priority will be given to organisations with an annual income of under £20,000
- Be running a physical engagement project – encouraging individuals to take part in some form of physical activity to help improve their physical and mental health wellbeing
- Be based in Great Britain – groups in Northern Ireland are not able to benefit from this funding
- Have completed the registration process to be a member of Localgiving
To benefit from funding, projects need to meet either of the following themes:
- Overcoming barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways
- Increasing social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities
Grants can be used to support the general running costs of new and existing sports and physical activities. For example, this could include: facilities hire, kit & equipment, coaching qualifications, other volunteer expenses etc. Applications which will predominantly cover the costs of one-off events or trips must provide details of how they intend to deliver a longer-term impact.
How To Apply
For organisations who are not already members of Localgiving, they must complete the registration process to join Localgiving before completing the grant application form – this acts as a vetting process for the grant. To do this they can register their interest here and start the registration process. All successful applicants will be eligible for a year’s free membership with Localgiving, using the promocode PCT2017. Once a group has registered we will provide them with the grant application form.