Kensington & Chelsea Social Council (KCSC) is providing support to voluntary organisations who, in turn, are supporting residents who have been affected by the Grenfell Fire.
The context in which these organisations are operating changes often and the support they require is still emerging. However, it is clear to KCSC that we have a role to play in helping to maintain stability for the sector, support a culture change in community engagement and strengthen collaborative approaches in rebuilding the community.
You will have a deep understanding of the role that the voluntary and community sector plays within civil society and practical experience of working with communities on the ground. You will need to be resilient and show empathy and an understanding of the issues facing voluntary organisations and the community which includes those traumatised by the fire. At the same time, you will need to be able to base the work on evidence and within the context of what is already being done by others so that you can make the best use of your time.
You must be able to:
- Have the ability, passion and confidence to bring people together, challenge and debate the important issues and influence where necessary
- Engage with the community, colleagues and partners in order to truly understand the core issues that those affected the now face
- Be empathetic to your surroundings
- Manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrate agile working having responded to changing directions but maintaining strategic direction
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of the residents, whilst remaining resilient during what is a very challenging time
We offer training and learning opportunities to support staff development within KCSC.
Terms: £41,965, 35 hours per week (full-time). Permanent.
Closing date: Tuesday 29 August
Interview date: Thursday 7 September
To apply and for more information on this post please click here